Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Blog

Being absolutely crap at updating my first blog I have decided to do a second blog (it's an idea, not a great idea). I work at an Antique and Estate Auction Company and every month things come in that I absolutely fall in love with and then they are sold so I thought perhaps someone would be interested in what comes in and what goes out and what I end up spending my hard earned cash on because god bless, willpower is not my strongest suit.

We have an auction coming up on the weekend and we have some divine items for sale, I have already filled out my absentee bid card as it is hard to bid and work at the same time. My first blog is about an estate we had the pleasure of getting for auction. Last Friday we were able to go in the house and pack up what we wanted for our sales and leave the rest behind for donation to the Church. I can't tell you how lovely it is to be able to pick and chose instead of having to pack up everything.
click on pictures to see larger images

don't you just love Spode???






Here is a picture of all the silver I cleaned for this auction, I am totally out of elbow grease. I would like to say that normally I don't go to all this trouble for silverplate (very little monetary value), but I was a crow in my last life and I love the look of gleaming silver and it makes the auction room look nice too. There is some lovely Old Sheffield plate amongst this lot and of course Sterling. I will explain the difference between silverplate and Sheffield plate in a later post.


www.wardsauctions.com

1 comment: