Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spending money before it's earned aka January 22nd Auction at Wards

Here are some of the pieces I will be watching and or bidding on at our Sunday January 22 sale.
This is a beautiful Knechtel dining suite in the Regency style with a chest on chest china cabinet, table, two leaves and six chairs. The corner cabinet is the very next lot and was separated from the suite owing to the fact that dining rooms aren't as big as they used to be and most may not accomodate such a large suite.

Lovely, lovey Minton for Birks dinner service. The picture truly doesn't do it justice. Unfortunately it is not a full set but what fun could be had in tracking down completing pieces. Also in this lot is three Royal Bayreuth plates that in today's new style of mixing china, co-ordinate beautifully.


Sterling Victorian coffee pot... enough said.

Jasperware by Wedgwood tea service and cup and saucer. I love the almost robin's egg blue colour and the intricate grecian style detailing. This set is mint!

This tea pot, cream and sugar is definitely favorite. I am a huge fan of blue and white and love silver. The brilliant silver overlay against this cobalt blue porcelain is stunning. Also included in this lot are two Worcester egg coddlers. I have never coddled an egg but am not afraid to try it!

These are some of the things I am looking forward to this coming auction and I get to bid just like everyone else so we will see.... fingers crossed
Wages, what wages??? I plan on spending it all at the sale

3 comments:

  1. That dining room suite is to die for! Wish I had the money - and the house to do it justice.. But I think I could just about fit it into my dining room ... how much would shipping to Australia be, I wonder? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this exact set (teapot, creamer and sugar bowl). I've always wondered where it is from and its value. Does anyone know who made these, and when? I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete